Imagine launching your career and gaining leadership experience —in just 18 months! That’s the idea behind Xpress Elite, an exciting new program that just won an HR.com LEAD Award for innovation. We’re offering the program exclusively to a handful of the best and brightest minds from within US Xpress and top talent from across the nation. Click here to learn more about how you can accelerate your career.
The Xpress Elite Development Program is a corporate-wide, 18-month rotation program designed to develop high-potential talent by providing the leadership training and business challenges that will propel you into leadership roles within the company. Each class is composed of a blend of talent from existing U.S. Xpress employees along with top talent from across the nation.
XPRESS ELITE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Click the icons below to learn more
As one of the nation’s largest truckload carriers, U.S. Xpress brings together an unbeatable team of experts who work together to keep America’s freight moving down our nation’s highways. We are honored to be one of America’s Best Big Companies, named by Forbes Magazine, and a five-time winner of Logistics Management’s Quest for Quality Award. At U.S. Xpress, we work each day to put our people and our customers in the best position to succeed.
WHY WORK IN TRANSPORTATION?
The transportation industry is the lifeblood of our economy. Every year, trucks deliver about ten billion tons of virtually every commodity consumed; Representing over 80% of all freight transported in the United States. That adds up to an incredible $700.4 billion worth of goods. But the success of the trucking industry depends on more than trucks. It depends on people…3.2 million drivers, plus the 7 million skilled professionals it takes to keep this critical industry humming. By joining the U.S. Xpress Elite Program, you’ll get the training you need to fuel a successful career, while helping to fuel the nation’s economy.
We’re proud to be a company that supports its employees. We believe it makes a difference in how we interact with each other; whether we’re working through a challenge in the office or just hanging out around Chattanooga, our scenic hometown. Full of breathtaking views and plenty of outdoor adventures, Chattanooga was recently named “The Best Town Ever” by Outside magazine. Plus, the New York Times named us one of the “Top 45 Places to Go in the World.” So you’ll not only love where you work, but also where you live.
We are looking for passionate and motivated individuals who are interested in making a positive impact at U.S. Xpress as a future leader. Qualifications are listed below:
- Undergraduate degree
- Current U.S. Xpress employees require an undergraduate degree and one year of company experience
- The program requires the ability to work in multiple domestic and international sites based on rotation assignments and final placement
- Strong communication skills and common courtesy required; ability to exchange information effectively in a concise and logical way, and be sensitive to audience diversity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated potential to exhibit the following attributes: hunger to win, accountable, learner, authentic, giver, agile, judgment, connector
- Demonstrated leadership skills, project management skills, organization skills
- Ability to understand business strategy and organizations
- Willing to take initiative and be a change agent
- Intermediate computer skills required; experience with Microsoft Office, Internet and applicable company specific applications
Student application process:
- Visit our career page and apply for Xpress Elite Development Program
- In order to be considered for the program please provide the following: resume, cover letter and 3 letters of recommendation
- U.S. Xpress Human Resources will review resumes and invite candidates for interviews
- First round interviews may be at select schools or at U.S. Xpress headquarters
Current U.S. Xpress employee application process:
- The application periods for U.S. Xpress employees are only available in February and September
- Visit our intranet career site on SharePoint and apply for Xpress Elite Development Program
- In order to be considered for the program please provide the following items: internal sign-off form, resume, cover letter and 3 letters of recommendation